Saturday, January 26, 2008

Im a mover...

Ive worked it out......... i dont clean or declutter - I MOVE things.

Phew! Glad i got THAT off my chest........ felt like I should have been in confessional.

I have always known I am a hoarder - Dh has told me that often enough.... but over the past few weeks I have been 'sorting' thru stuff and thinking back not a lot actually got turfed.

I just went through 3 drawers stuffed with paperwork - determined to purge purge purge.....

I ended up with a small pile to toss, a pile to redirect to my current files in my filing cabinet........... and.............

3 drawers of filing!

What the???????????

How does that work? I got NOWHERE!!

And another thing - I believe that stuff multiplies all by itself in my house

Every 4-5 months we go right through our garage and end up taking 1-2 trailer loads to the tip and a car full to the charity shop..........

Yet within 2 months.............. ITS BAAAACCCCCKKKK!

AND its brought many new friends....

Where the heck does it all come from?

I soooo want to declutter this place, I want to be FREE FREE FREE

I want one of those sparse clean clutter free homes like in the magazines

Im dreaming arnt i :o(

I think my biggest problem/fear is that I will get rid of something and then regret it later.....

Or I get too caught up in the money side of things........

But I could sell that on ebay............... (WHEN??? I prob never will)

I might have a garage sale?................ (Again.... WHEN???)

I could fix it and use it? ................. (Now who is kidding who?)

I paid good money for that.............. (ok so you wasted your money, its done ... get OVER it)

I might need it one day.............. (Yes you might... but big chances are you wont)

I go nuts at the kids for the crap they keep yet i am JUST as bad if not WORSE

If you took a look in my wardrobe for example you would find 3 crates and 6 boxes of clothes......

My skinny me clothes

I try tell myself that i will need them fr when I lose this weight........

I also try talk myself into throwing them away - they will prob be out of date by the time I get skinny again

I just cant do it...............

I try convince myself that I will feel lighter, free-er, that a big load will lift if I purge it all......

but what if I dont.... what if I regret it? man I am pathetic

So I sit in my cluttered house - feeling like I cant even breathe somedays..........

Before Christmas last year I got tired of the mess in our lounge/study area - I was so sick of my desk/craft table looking like a bomb had hit it. My desk was the butt of the families messy jokes. So I cracked..........
I went and bought a small computer desk........ big enough for the computer and thats all.
I came home, packed ALL my craft and scrapbooking stuff in boxes and shoved them out into the garage.
I got DH to take the monster table out and put the new smaller computer desk in.

It looks soooo much neater, tidier etc now, just a quick wipe every few days and a sweep of the floor and that part of the room has never been so tidy.

BUT now I miss my craft *sniff*

I cant win. I want to go rescue all my nice papers and embellishments from the garage but where would I put them? I have a scrapbook storage tower I picked up on sale but it wont hold even 1/8th of what I have..........

Mebe if I purged mycrapbook supplies I could just keep the best bits........ but then what would I do with the rest? I cant throw it away, I wouldnt want to just give it away......... I paid good money for that........ what if i regret it later? HERE I GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm think I might have to troll the internet for inspiration.............

me be back............
xoxo

No comments: